Character Moulding and Evolution

I was making tea and as usual my brain thinks about every other million things. And suddenly I thought of this:"what makes me, me?"

Okay, I was supposed to continue this last two days but reently I have slept mighty early.. hehe. Too tired during the day could be. Always give my all at work. sampai malam mata ngantuk.

Anyhoo, let's continue, Well, the thoughts on the above topic came about because I am very introspective person. I always reflect upon how am I doing today? what is my current emotional and physical state and health? Why am I acting the way I was? And this came to mind.

When I analysed and ponder upon it I realised that it has got something to do with my family background and how we were raised, I look at both my mum and dad, I inherited a fair share of both characteristics.

Even though, by the law of science, there is no such thing as behavioural inheritance (accept for the criminal genes, where i have came across, when studying forensic science),  there are only genotypic and phenotypic inheritance that so far I know of through my limited reading. God I should really read more.

Anyway, from the observation I did to my own bloodlines, other's people family bloodline, I can see the same patterns of how one family differ than the other. For example mine, both my parents are very observant, my dad notices funny stuff very quickly, while my mum will inspect a person from head to toe, even better than I do. So I inherited this both characteristics.

And then I started to see how I am very impressed with my mum ability to handle all home related issue immediately, while my dad is a laid back kinda guy. I inherited my mums' in this case.

These are just two examples that I see.

But as I experienced life stages by stages : primary, secondary and tertiary education, I started noticing, that somehow how I react or behave changes as well. Some due to the hormonal changes too. I remember quite vividly, that I was rather rebellious when I was 14 for some unknown reasons.
And having to grow up in a society where whatever that we do, we will be judged and accused of so many undesirable comments have also somehow shaped me into someone very quiet, afraid of speaking up. That is where, it hits me that environment also play a part in shaping our personality.

Only until recently, I have (actually mentioned this quite a few times in my blog) attended a series of personal development program that really have challenged my limiting belief about myself, self awareness on how I treat myself and how I treated other people. Completely stretch me and taught me how to be out of my comfort zone and especially taking risk. I believe me now is the better version of myself that I love. I no longer bother of what others might say, I make my own choice and be aware of consequences of it, I don't do things I dislike, I say no firmly to things I dislike, I stand firmly for things I believe in and thinking them out loud.

So hence, that's how my characters changes by and by. I do always strive to be a better person for myself, though sometimes it's tough, it's when the time comes that I do so, it will definitely be shift for me. So in the prayer, I always put this wish as one of the things I would like to be able to continuously doing, though praying alone will not be enough, making it a daily practice is what makes it work..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazing Bedsheet By Amazon with more than 400K ratings.

Feedback, reflect, journaling

Parenting is a huge responsibility